Department: Veterans Service Office
Position Title: Veterans Services Benefit Specialist
Beginning Pay Rate/Job Rate $20.33
20.5 hours per week
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to perform and assist with services and advocacy of Veterans’ benefits to beneficiaries, dependents, and interested community members. The Veterans’ Benefits Specialist also assists with administrative office duties and frequently assumes such roles as office secretary, office receptionist, claims worker, veterans advocate, liaison, and office director in the absence of the department head.
Minimum Training, Experience, and Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Two year business related degree OR 2 years qualified office experience including familiarity with computer and software applications.
- Prefer exposure to medical/health related topics and ability to communicate effectively and work with people.
- Complete training and testing for accreditation through one of the Milwaukee VARO veteran’s service organizations (e. WDVA, VFW, or American Legion) to present claims and maintain accreditation with ongoing training.
- A valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and machinery with some requiring complex and rapid adjustments, including computer terminal, telephone, fax machine, calculator, photocopier, and TV.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet, and limbs in performing slightly skilled movements.
- Ability to exert very moderate physical effort from sedentary to light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to recognize and identify degrees of similarities or differences between characteristics of shapes, sounds, and objects associated with job related objects, materials, and tasks.
- Ability to sustain prolonged visual and mental concentration.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others.
Applications and job descriptions can be found online at: https://www.co.richland.wi.us/jobs/VeteransServiceBenenfitSpecialist/index.shtml
Or in the Veterans Service Office on the 2nd floor of the Court House in Richland Center
All applications must be received by June 17th, 2022 @ 4pm.
Richland County is an equal opportunity employer